Transient incontinence: DIAPPERS
- Atrophic vaginitis or urethritis
- Pharmacology, eg, anticholinergics, diuretics, hypnotics
- Psychiatric disorders, eg, psychosis, depression
- Excess urine, eg, edema, hyperglycemia, hypercalcemia
- Restricted mobility
- Stool impaction
- Detrusor overactivity (urge incontinence or "overactive" bladder)
- Urethral incompetence (stress incontinence, eg, multiparity, pelvic surgery)
- Urethral obstruction (eg, benign prostatic hyperplasia; can also present as urge or overflow)
- Detrusor underactivity (overflow incontinence, eg, neurogenic bladder, anticholinergics)
- Mixed incontinence (urge and stress)
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Urinary Incontinence." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence.
Zeiger RFR. Urinary incontinence. Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence. Accessed December 8, 2023.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Urinary incontinence. In Diagnosaurus (4th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence
Zeiger RFR. Urinary Incontinence [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2023 December 08]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Urinary incontinence
ID - 114988
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Emergency Central
DP - Unbound Medicine