Renal failure in HIV/AIDS
- Typical causes of acute renal failure
- HIV-associated nephropathy
- Acute tubular necrosis due to pentamidine, amphotericin, foscarnet, cidofovir, aminoglycosides, rifampin, acyclovir
- Interstitial nephritis due to TMP-SMX, sulfadiazine, acyclovir
- Nephrolithiasis due to indinavir
- Postinfectious glomerulonephritis
- Membranous nephropathy due to hepatitis B, syphilis
- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis due to hepatitis C, cryoglobulinemia
- Ureteral compression due to lymphoma, lymphadenopathy
- IgA immune-complex deposition
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
See related DDx
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Renal Failure in HIV/AIDS." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114975/all/Renal_failure_in_HIV_AIDS.
Zeiger RFR. Renal failure in HIV/AIDS. Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114975/all/Renal_failure_in_HIV_AIDS. Accessed December 1, 2023.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Renal failure in HIV/AIDS. In Diagnosaurus (4th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114975/all/Renal_failure_in_HIV_AIDS
Zeiger RFR. Renal Failure in HIV/AIDS [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2023 December 01]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114975/all/Renal_failure_in_HIV_AIDS.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Renal failure in HIV/AIDS ID - 114975 A1 - Zeiger,Roni F, Y1 - 2014/12/01/ BT - Diagnosaurus UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114975/all/Renal_failure_in_HIV_AIDS PB - McGraw-Hill Education ET - 4 DB - Emergency Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -