is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Emergency Central is a collection of disease, drug, and test information including 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, Davis’s Drug, McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals created for emergency medicine professionals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Acute: emotional stress, physical discomfort, jet lag
- Alcohol abuse
- Stimulants, eg, caffeine, nicotine, cocaine, pseudoephedrine
- Poor sleep hygiene, eg, daytime naps, TV in bed
- Mania or bipolar disorder
- Medical illness, eg, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, uremia, hyperthyroidism, hepatic encephalopathy, gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Nocturia, eg, diuretics, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary incontinence, congestive heart failure
- Restless leg syndrome
- CNS disease, eg, complex partial seizures, brain tumor, neurosyphilis
- Medications, eg, corticosteroids, SSRIs, theophylline, benzodiazepine withdrawal
- Circadian rhythm disorder
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 24, 2015
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Insomnia." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2015. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114942/all/Insomnia.
Zeiger RF. Insomnia. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114942/all/Insomnia. Accessed October 18, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2015). Insomnia. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114942/all/Insomnia
Zeiger RF. Insomnia [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. [cited 2019 October 18]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114942/all/Insomnia.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Insomnia
ID - 114942
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2015/02/24/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114942/all/Insomnia
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Emergency Central
DP - Unbound Medicine