- Bacterial, viral, rickettsial, fungal, parasitic
- CNS, sinuses, dental, endocarditis, pneumonia, liver, biliary system, gastrointestinal, peritonitis, abdominal abscess, urinary tract infection, prostate, sexually transmitted disease, skin, soft tissues, bone, joints
- Autoimmune disease
- CNS disease including head trauma, mass lesion
- Malignancy, especially lymphoma, leukemia, renal cell carcinoma, primary or metastatic liver cancer
- Cardiovascular disease, eg, myocardial infarction, thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism
- Gastrointestinal disease, eg, inflammatory bowel disease, alcoholic hepatitis, granulomatous hepatitis
- Miscellaneous, eg, drug fever, sarcoidosis, familial Mediterranean fever, tissue injury, hematoma, factitious fever
- Heat stroke, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Fever." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2015. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114161/all/Fever.
Zeiger RFR. Fever. Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114161/all/Fever. Accessed May 27, 2023.
Zeiger, R. F. (2015). Fever. In Diagnosaurus (4th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114161/all/Fever
Zeiger RFR. Fever [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. [cited 2023 May 27]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114161/all/Fever.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Fever ID - 114161 A1 - Zeiger,Roni F, BT - Diagnosaurus UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114161/all/Fever PB - McGraw-Hill Education ET - 4 DB - Emergency Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -