Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Viral or bacterial pneumonia
- Other causes of chronic cough in adults, eg, postnasal drip, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), tuberculosis, Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC)
- Bronchiolitis, eg, respiratory syncytial virus (children)
- Croup (children)
- Infectious mononucleosis (both may have atypical lymphocytosis)
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Pertussis (whooping Cough)." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2015. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114093/all/Pertussis__whooping_cough_.
Zeiger RFR. Pertussis (whooping cough). Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114093/all/Pertussis__whooping_cough_. Accessed June 5, 2023.
Zeiger, R. F. (2015). Pertussis (whooping cough). In Diagnosaurus (4th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114093/all/Pertussis__whooping_cough_
Zeiger RFR. Pertussis (whooping Cough) [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. [cited 2023 June 05]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114093/all/Pertussis__whooping_cough_.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Pertussis (whooping cough) ID - 114093 A1 - Zeiger,Roni F, BT - Diagnosaurus UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114093/all/Pertussis__whooping_cough_ PB - McGraw-Hill Education ET - 4 DB - Emergency Central DP - Unbound Medicine ER -