Urticaria (hives) & angioedema
is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Emergency Central is a collection of disease, drug, and test information including 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, Davis’s Drug, McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals created for emergency medicine professionals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Arthropod bites (insect bites)
- Drugs (nonallergic), eg, codeine, morphine
- Physical factors: heat, cold, solar, pressure, water, vibratory
- Cholinergic urticaria: exercise, excitement, hot showers
- Drugs (allergic): penicillin, aspirin
- Other allergic causes: feathers, dander, shellfish, tomatoes, strawberries, vaccines, chemicals, cosmetics
- Infection, eg, otitis media, sinusitis, hepatitis
- Serum sickness
- Angioedema: complement-mediated (hereditary or acquired), ACE inhibitors
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Urticaria (hives) & Angioedema." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Emergency Central, emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114003/all/Urticaria__hives__&.
Zeiger RF. Urticaria (hives) & angioedema. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114003/all/Urticaria__hives__&. Accessed October 15, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Urticaria (hives) & angioedema. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114003/all/Urticaria__hives__&
Zeiger RF. Urticaria (hives) & Angioedema [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 October 15]. Available from: https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114003/all/Urticaria__hives__&.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Urticaria (hives) & angioedema
ID - 114003
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://emergency.unboundmedicine.com/emergency/view/Diagnosaurus/114003/all/Urticaria__hives__&
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Emergency Central
DP - Unbound Medicine