- Decrease in visual function (i.e., visual acuity, visual fields, blurry vision)
- Visual loss has many etiologies and can be caused by multiple body systems
- Primary ophthalmologic causes:
- Eyelid or tear film abnormality
- Anterior segment (cornea, anterior chamber, iris, lens)
- Posterior segment (vitreous, retina, optic nerve)
- Other extraocular and systemic disorders including neurologic, cardiovascular, immunologic, endocrine, infectious, and toxicologic causes
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.