Emergency Central is a collection of disease, drug, and test information including 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, Davis’s Drug, McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals created for emergency medicine professionals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Delivery in ED is rare:
- Incidence of ED deliveries in US is not known.
- Health care systems in which patients have little prenatal care tend to have greater incidence of ED deliveries.
- ED deliveries usually occur in 1 of the following 3 scenarios:
- Multiparous patient with history of prior rapid labor
- Nulliparous patient who does not recognize symptoms of labor
- Patients with lack of prenatal care, lack of transportation, or premature labor