- Delivery in ED is rare:
- Incidence of ED deliveries in the U.S. is not known
- Health care systems in which patients have little prenatal care tend to have greater incidence of ED deliveries
- ED deliveries usually occur in 1 of the following 3 scenarios:
- Multiparous patient with history of prior rapid labor
- Nulliparous patient who does not recognize symptoms of labor
- Patients with lack of prenatal care, lack of transportation, or premature labor
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.