- The entrapment of the retracted foreskin proximal to the glans of the penis
- Leads to lymphatic congestion and venous obstruction, which may result in arterial compromise to the glans
- Paraphimosis is a urologic emergency
- A number of conditions of the foreskin may predispose to paraphimosis, including:
- Sexually naive may be unaware of the need to reduce foreskin after intercourse
- Commonly iatrogenic, from failure to replace the foreskin after exam, catheterization, or cleaning
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.