Emergency Central is a collection of disease, drug, and test information including 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, Davis’s Drug, McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals created for emergency medicine professionals. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Intimate partner violence (IPV) is the physical, sexual, or psychological abuse by a current or former partner.
- Occurs in adult and adolescent intimate relationships across the socioeconomic spectrum.
- Most victims are women injured by male perpetrators
- Men and individuals in same-sex relationships may also be victims.
- Risk factors for IPV include female sex, young age (20–24) and being separated from partner/spouse.