- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Iodine deficiency (rare in developed world)
- Thyroid surgery, irradiation, or radioiodine
- Subacute (de Quervain’s) thyroiditis (after initial hyperthyroidism)
- Severe illness
- Drugs causing hypothyroidism: lithium, amiodarone, propylthiouracil, methimazole, phenylbutazone, sulfonamides, interferon ?
- Riedel’s thyroiditis
- Deficient pituitary thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- "Subclinical" hypothyroidism: high TSH, clinically euthyroid, normal T4
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
© 2000–2023 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved